Hello Powder Alert Fans,
- MONDAY: Cooler for the day, and a chance of some very-very light rain.
- TUESDAY: Mild with some sun breaks
- WEDNESDAY: Mild with some sun breaks
- THURSDAY: Light rain
A weak area of low pressure will move in tonight and Monday, bringing some cooling and a chance of very light rain on Monday. Rainfall amounts for the Washington West Cascades look limited. However, the best chance of rain will be for White Pass and into the Mission Ridge areas.
On Tuesday and Wednesday, we are expecting mild conditions with sun breaks for Stampede Pass (4000' see graph below) with high temperatures in the 70's. Please note that the air mass is unstable, so we can expect some clouds to build in the afternoon. However, limited moisture, so not expecting thundershowers but important to monitor the forecasts.
We will have some moisture moving in on Thursday, so there is a chance of some thundershowers.
Just a few resorts for May, 2023. There are plenty of places to take care of your spring turns, it depends how far you want to travel.
As of Sunday, April 30th: Crystal Mountain and Whistler Blackcomb, both have open dates in May. Take a look at Mt Bachelor, open daily thru 5/28. Silver Mountain and 49 Degrees North are TBD for May. Check before you go.
The graph below for Stampede Pass shows limited rain through Wednesday. Then a chance of rain for Thursday and cooler. Also, rain for Friday through next weekend.
Contest Alert: watch for details later this week. The Grand Poobah's Après Season Photo Contest.
Photos for today:
- Sturtevant's staff and family. Kirk, Myra, Tracy, Otto, and Paul. When the Sturtevant's folks go play, it's always a good day! Thank you for sharing your fun day at Crystal Mountain. From our favorite photographer, Jeff Caven @cavenphoto
- Chart for Stampede Pass.
- Summit Snoqualmie. Center, Larry with Andrea's son Zack, Larry & Andrea left. During our lunch break, we met Michael Hartmann, Powder Alert subscriber, and Alpental instructor, and then had a goggle chat.
- Whistler pic from Sean Harvey. Thanks, Sean!
The Stampede Pass chart.
Fun runs on Saturday, 4/29 at Silver Fir, Summit at Snoqualmie's final weekend. Andrea & Larry. Zack & Larry. Larry and subscriber Michael Hartmann.
And a glimpse of Whistler from Sean. Thanks, Sean!
See you out there! Thanks for reading.
The Powder Alert Team.